Plenary Session: Making Science Work for the Benefit of Us All
Since the FDA approved the use of daily oral PrEP for HIV prevention, we have done a lot of research to understand how to expand its use in all the populations where HIV infections need to be stopped. This plenary will review what we have learned about what’s working and what still needs to be learned to increase awareness, provision, and use of PrEP by all who need it in the US.
- (Clinical Research) What do we know now about the clinical science of PrEP care?
- (Implementation Science) What do we know now about how to provide PrEP care in places where people get their health care?
- (Social and Behavioral Sciences) What do we know now about how to provide PrEP care in ways that people who need it most can use it best?
Master of Ceremonies: Ken Williams, Ken Like Barbie
- Albert Liu, MD, MPH, Bridge HIV, SFDPH
- Charlene Flash, MD, MPH Harris Health System’s Thomas Street Health Center
- Sheldon D. Fields, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, AACRN, FNAP, FAANP, FAAN, Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Florida International University