Planning and Implementing PrEP Social Marketing Campaigns
Social marketing, which may include social media, as well as messaging through any marketing medium (broadcast TV/radio, billboards, transit, posters, palm cards, flyers, digital banners and even peer education), is an important tool for consumer education. This session considers designing a social marketing campaign at any budget level, reviews existing campaigns that can be adapted to promote local services, and engages the audience in a hands-on activity to design mock campaign strategies to develop practical skills.
- What considerations should go into social marketing campaign development?
- What can be learned and borrowed from existing PrEP social marketing campaigns?
- Which media formats are best suited to my target audience and budget?
- Can we place our own media buys, or do we need to hire a media agency?
- How can I market my organization’s services with small, medium and large budgets?
- Jim Pickett, AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Robbyn Kistler, Kaiser Family Foundation/Greater Than AIDS
- Rae Oglesby, Black Women’s Health Imperative