Exploring Regional Best-Practices and Barriers for Healthcare Providers
In this session we will delve into the political and institutional conditions that healthcare providers encounter that can either facilitate or create barriers to PrEP access. This session features programs that are in place and providing PrEP services in Jackson, New York City, and San Francisco- different landscapes, achieving success. These PrEP providers will share their experiences and how they support healthcare providers, clients and community engagement in their settings.
- Discuss some of the city and state advantages and barriers that facilitate or oppose PrEP in healthcare settings.
- Explore the services and staff competencies that help patients overcome barriers to care.
- Discuss ways to create a safe, welcoming environment that promotes PrEP uptake and engagement.
- Discuss ways to provide sex positive, comprehensive HIV prevention serves to severely impacted communities.
- Ashwini Hardikar, MPH, CHES, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Jackie Simpson, FNP-C, Open Arms Healthcare Center
- June Gipson, PhD, My Brother’s Keeper, Inc.